- Duford, David M. The Official Guide To Selling Final Expense Insurance: The Proven Final Expense Insurance Sales And Lead Generation System Used By Final Expense Agents Across The CountryBinding : Taschenbuch, Label : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, NumberOfItems : 1, medium : Taschenbuch, numberOfPages : 186, publicationDate : 2016-04-05, releaseDate : 2016-04-05, authors : Duford, David M., ISBN : 1530818982
Is home insurance compulsory in Spain? What are the main guarantees covered by home insurance? Is civil liability included in home insurance? How to calculate the content of your home insurance? In this guide, you’ll find answers to these questions and more.
Is home insurance compulsory in Spain?
In Spain, there is no obligation to take out home insurance, except for mortgaged homes, in which case the bank with which we sign the mortgage will ask, at a minimum, to take out insurance to protect the home. .
Please note, you have no obligation to take out insurance with the bank and you will be free to insure yourself wherever you want.
What are the main guarantees covered by home insurance?
Home insurance must cover any damage to the building “containing it”, to our property “the contents” as well as damage caused to third parties “civil liability”. It is important to have third party liability coverage which ensures that our insurer will bear the cost of repairing damage in the event that we cause damage to third parties.
The insurance will cover fire, water damage, electrical damage, atmospheric damage, theft, glass breakage….
In addition to the basic guarantees, there are other optional guarantees that complement the offer of insurance companies to protect our home. Guarantees such as damage caused by our pets, fraudulent use of credit cards, DIY assistance, theft outside the home or specific services such as home assistance (sending a locksmith, plumber, electrician …)
Is civil liability included in home insurance?
Civil liability is included in home insurance contracts in Spain, it will cover you inside and outside the home.
Your family members who reside under the same roof will also be covered.
How to calculate the content of your home insurance?
Calculating the value of the contents of our home, that is to say of all our possessions, is not always easy. If we overestimate its value, we will pay a higher premium than necessary, but if, on the contrary, we underestimate it, the compensation will not cover all of our losses in the event of a claim and the company will apply the proportional rule.
In order to properly assess the content of our home insurance, it is important to pay attention to the following points:
– Furniture, household appliances and electronic devices such as computers, televisions, clothes and other personal effects.
– Jewelry or valuables: it is necessary to define them in the insurance policy. This is for example works of art, or jewelry whose value exceeds a certain amount (to be confirmed in your insurance contract) Some companies do not include these objects in their coverage or only indemnify part of the value of the objects in the event of a claim. Adding them to the policy usually results in an increase in the cost of the premium, as the total sum insured also increases.
To do this, it is recommended to make a list of the goods present piece by piece.
What does home insurance for tenants cover?
If you live in a rented house or apartment, it is strongly recommended that you take out home insurance. Even if your landlord has taken out home insurance, it will not cover you either your property in the accommodation or your civil liability.
What information do I need to buy home insurance?
To purchase home insurance, you will need
– NIE or passport number
– Address in Spain
– Bank account (Spanish, French, Belgian IBAN, etc.)
How much does home insurance cost?
There are many factors that go into calculating a home insurance quote. Age, home protection systems, and location are some of the reasons some policies are cheaper or more expensive.
For tenant insurance, the insurance will cost less than 80 euros / year and for an owner, less than 130 € / year.
What information do I need to receive a home insurance quote?
To receive an insurance quote, you can fill out the form below:
Why go through a broker to purchase home insurance?
It is quite common for people who purchase a home insurance policy to be unaware of the services and / or items covered by the policy. This can lead users to bear the costs of certain claims when the insurance company should. The insurance broker can answer all of your questions. He will be able to advise you and explain the insurance coverages to you and send you several insurance quotes.
Main arguments for taking out your home insurance with INOV Expat:
– Comparison with more than 20 insurance companies which allows us to obtain the best insurance conditions
– Realization of exclusive commercial campaigns allowing you to obtain many advantages (reduction on the insurance premium, insurance package …)
– Specific agreements with certain insurance companies with exclusive products such as legal protection insurance in French with the company DAS
We advise you to consult our « offers » area where we publish all the news.
Do you have any other questions ?
Do not hesitate to download our guide to home insurance
INOV Expat is an insurance brokerage firm specializing in expatriates.
For 15 years, INOV Expat has enabled French-speaking expatriates in Spain and Portugal to entrust the management of their insurance to multilingual professionals: we offer very competitive insurance proposals and we always guarantee the defense of their rights. We are based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon.
Request your quotes online for free: auto, health, home, business, travel, others. Visit our websites: www.inovexpat.com and pt.inovexpat.com or contact us at (+34) 93 268 87 42, on WhatsApp at +34 627 627 880 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.