By continuing to our website immediately, you consent to all cookies and an optimal browsing experience.
Thanks for your trust and have fun!
Websites use technologies to increase the ease of use and to make the website as interesting as possible for every visitor. The best known examples of this type of technology are cookies. Cookies can be used by website owners or third parties, such as advertisers, who communicate through the website you visit.
We think it is very important that you know and understand which cookies we propose to use on our websites and for what purposes we do this. In the text below you can find all information about this.
Do you want to personalize your cookie settings? Then click on “Settings”. By clicking “Continue to website”, you consent to all cookies and an optimal browsing experience.
Want to delve deeper into the different cookies? Read on below or click on one of the links below:
- Saving your preferences, such as language, location, the desired number of search results to be displayed, etc.
- Saving settings for optimal video display, such as the desired buffer size and the resolution data of your screen
- Offering the option to save login details so that you do not have to enter them every time
- Reading your browser settings to optimally display our website on your screen
- Detecting abuse of our websites and services, for example by registering a number of consecutive failed login attempts
- Evenly loading the website, so that the website remains accessible
- Making it possible to respond to our websites
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket when shopping online
- Remembering information that you enter on the different pages during checkout or ordering, so you don’t have to fill in all your details every time
- Loading push notifications, if you choose this
- Passing information from one page to the next page, for example if a long survey is completed or if you have to fill in a lot of information with an online order
- Detecting bugs or other problems with the site’s code
Below is a list of the cookies and technologies that our sites use within this category:
- Adblock detect (proprietary technology)
- Adobe Typekit
- Facebook connect
- Google IMA
- Google Maps
- Google Publisher tags
- Google Recaptcha
- Google Save Frame
- Hello Bar
- Myfonts Counter
- User snap
Statistics are made of the information we collect with these cookies. These statistics give us insight into how often our web pages are visited and where visitors generally spend the most time. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible. We do not trace the statistics and other reports back to people.
Below is a list of the cookies that our sites use within this category:
- CIM / Gemius
- Content Insights
- Crazy Egg
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Stats service
- Visual Measures
- Visual Website Optimizer
Our goal is to provide every visitor to our websites with information that is as relevant as possible to him or her. That is why we try to adapt the content of our websites to every visitor as much as possible.
These cookies enable us to use algorithms to:
- Recommend interesting articles based on articles already read
- Recommend interesting videos based on already watched videos
- Recommend interesting topics based on already read topics
We use our own technology for this, and we also work with the following partners:
- Google Analytics
- Salesforce DMP
Cookies from third parties
We allow some advertising partners to recognize you and reach you on other websites as well. This means that you can see advertisements on other websites based on your surfing behavior on our websites.
Specifically, we work on our sites with advertising technology from the following parties:
- Adara Media Unlimited
- ADITION technologies AG
- AdMaxim Inc.
- AdSpirit GmbH
- ADventori SAS
- AppNexus Inc.
- Avocet Systems Limited
- BeeswaxIO Corporation
- BidTheatre AB
- Blis Media Limited
- Captify Technologies Limited
- Conversant Europe Ltd.
- Crimtan Holdings Limited
- Criteo SA
- Dataxu, Inc.
- Emerse Sverige AB
- Exponential Interactive, Inc
- Index Exchange, Inc.
- Justpremium BV
- LifeStreet Corporation
- MediaMath, Inc.
- Neustar Inc.
- NEORY GmbH
- Oath (EMEA) Limited
- Procter & Gamble
- Purch Group, Inc.
- Quantcast International Limited
- RhythmOne, LLC
- Roq.ad GmbH
- RTB House S.A.
- Sharethrough, Inc
- Smart Adserver
- Sovrn Holdings Inc
- The Rubicon Project, Limited
- Tradelab, SAS
- TripleLift, Inc.
Our advertising partners may only collect information about your device, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system type, and information about your click behavior, such as the pages you visit, on our sites. To let advertisers decide if they want to reach you, we send them limited segment information (for example: male, 20-30 years old). Your name, telephone number, home address or e-mail address will never be shared.
Our advertisements on other websites
Finally, we also use third-party cookies to show you advertisements about our own websites and services on other websites. For example, you can see advertisements elsewhere about our trial subscriptions when you have read a certain number of articles on our newspaper websites. For this we work together with the following partners:
For the cookies that the social media networks place and the possible data they collect with them, we refer to the statements that these parties give on their own websites. Specifically, these are cookies from the following parties:
In the settings screen you can determine for which purposes you allow our websites to place cookies. Functional cookies will always be placed because they are necessary for the website to work. Statistical cookies are also always loaded, because the data we collect with them is not personal.
In most popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari you can determine in the settings which cookies you want to allow on your computer or device. In any browser you can also choose to delete all cookies that are already on your computer. Please note that you have to adjust these settings separately for each browser on each device you use. If you choose not to allow any type of cookies in your browser, including functional cookies, this can have a negative impact on the functioning of our websites.
- DPG Media NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0432.306.234, Tel .: 02 / 255.32.11, E-mail: email@example.com
- DPG Media Services NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0403.506.340, Tel. +32 2 454 22 11, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MYENERGYCHOICE BVBA, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0885.082.834, Tel. +32 2 454 22 11, Email: email@example.com
- Mobile Vikings NV, with registered office at Kempische steenweg 309/1, 3500 Hasselt, company number: 0886.946.917, Tel .: +32 11 717 434, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- STIEVIE NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0536.453.550, Tel .: 02 / 255.32.11, E-mail: email@example.com
- JOE FM NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0469.992.615, Tel .: 02 / 255.32.11, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TVBASTARDS NV, with registered office at 3190 Boortmeerbeek, Familielaan 7, company number 0445.055.103, Tel .: 02 / 255.32.11, E-mail: email@example.com
- BITES EUROPE NV, with registered office at 1800 Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0466.252.967, Tel .: 02 / 255.32.11, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com
You can agree to the proposed use by clicking “Continue to website” below. Additional information about the settings can be found by clicking on “Settings”.
At HLN, we attach great importance to your privacy and the trust you give us. We would like to give you the opportunity to personalize your cookie settings. You can find more information about our privacy and cookies policy via the links at the bottom of this page.
Our recommended cookie setting is Level 4. This way you can enjoy it at any time this website in optimal conditions.
You can adjust the cookie settings below by choosing a specific level. Choosing the lowest level means not That you will no longer see advertisements. You will then regularly receive the same advertisements (we do not know which advertising message you already received) that are not adapted to your interests. Want to know exactly what each level entails? Then scroll further down.